Re: [LAU] disabling jack plugin autoconnect or autoconnect in itself

From: <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 03 2010 - 23:36:19 EEST

On Tue, Aug 03, 2010 at 11:26:44PM +0300, Jari Suominen wrote:

> I'm trying to setup a system where alsa app is outputting its
> channels to jack. Problem is that it seems that the example code
> always auto connects the outputs to physical ports through jack,
> which is not what I would want, especially as the app has more
> outputs than my soundcard does. I would only want the output ports
> to appear to jack and then I could patch them with patch bay. Is
> there some way to accomplish this.

Remove those parts of the 'example code' that are responsible for
this undesirable behaviour ? It's not something that can hide
itself to any extent.

> Another question, which handles the same problem. Is there any way
> to have similar kind of functionability as patch bay does, but to
> the reverse direction. So if someone connects ports a and b, they
> would be automatically disconnected. Which would solve my first
> problem and problem with all auto connecting apps.

You can always watch connections using the callbacks and undo them.
But in many cases you'd be too late. The real solution is to allow
apps to 'lock' their ports, but this was removed from Jack some time
ago.

Ciao,

--
FA