Re: [LAU] Fwd: Guitar rock made with Ardour and Hydrogen

From: Philipp Überbacher <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 11 2010 - 02:54:39 EEST

Excerpts from Gwenhwyfaer's message of 2010-08-11 00:43:58 +0200:
> On 10 August 2010 13:54, Roberto Suarez Soto <talkingxouba@gmail.com> wrote:
> >        it seems it's allowed to publish what you've recorded with Linux
> > here. Please, tell me if this is not the right place or if there is some kind
> > of "customary protocol" for this kind of things :-)
>
> Seems to be cool :) However, can I humbly suggest something? Is there
> any chance that music made with Linux could be posted with a [MUSIC]
> tag in the subject line? That way I can create a folder (well, tag)
> for it, and easily keep it somewhere I can go back to if I fancy
> something to listen to. (Also, the grumpyboots who doesn't like it can
> killfile it easily, which should keep him happy too. :) )

It sure would help.
Another kind of convention I'd love to see followed is to not only give
the songs a title but also use the artist in the filename. Maybe even
tag the file. I have quite a bunch of LA audio files lying around in
the meanwhile where I have no idea who the artist is.
Another related topic is the license of course. It would be nice if the
license was mentioned in the mail and in the tag.

Regards,

--
Philipp