Re: [LAU] ceres

From: hermann <brummer-@web.de>
Date: Wed Aug 11 2010 - 16:04:51 EEST

Am Mittwoch, den 11.08.2010, 08:32 -0400 schrieb Dave Phillips:
> Hi Kjetil,
>
> The last package failed here with errors regarding missing glib.h and
> gmodule.h during the Glade compile.
>
> Again, there is no dev package support for gtk-1.x, glib-1.x, or the
> other foo-1.x packages required by Ceres. Those packages are in fact not
> easy to locate for Ubuntu. If anyone can point me to them I'll gladly
> try to install them.
>
> Best,
>
> dp

Oh yea, I see now, my libgtk1.2-dev and libglib1.2-dev is a relict, here
because I run my system long time now, but indeed it isn't available in
debian/sid any more, but, it didn't hurt to be there. It was never
necessary to remove it during upgrade.
So here is a description from a ubuntu user of what he do to get
libgtk1.2 and friends on ubuntu 10.4 :
http://www.shicho.net/lamp/?p=88

regards hermann