Re: [LAU] Le Puzzle du Batteur - The Drummer's 'G'igsaw: GNU Bash + GNU sed replace gvim

From: Philipp Überbacher <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 16 2010 - 14:53:15 EEST

Excerpts from Phil Hézaine's message of 2010-08-11 11:09:26 +0200:
> Le Puzzle du Batteur - The Drummer's 'G'igsaw
>
> *****
>
> Polymetric editor for Drums and Percussions based on Lilypond + GUI for
> randomization. (midi timing and/or volume)
>
> ******
>
> PACKAGES
>

> You have to install:
> GNU Lilypond >= 2.12.0
> http://lilypond.org/web/install/
>
> midicomp 0.0.4
> http://midicomp.opensrc.org/midicomp-0.0.4.tar.gz
> (compile in /usr/local/midicomp...
> and move midicomp.bin in /usr/local/bin
>
> Python 2.6.x with Tk option activated.
> Already in your Linux distribution.
>
> GNU Bash and GNU sed 4.2
> by default in your Linux distribution.
>
> As default midi config I use Timidity++ 2.13.2 with eawpatches.
>
> ******
>
> INSTALLATION
>
> Untar the archive. (tar jxvf ....)
> In your terminal go to your Drummer-s-Gigsaw's repertory.
> cd /home/....../Drummer-s-Gigsaw
> and run the bash script:
> sh INSTALL.sh
> You are done.
>
> ******
>
> * In this new version you no longer need to gvim.
> Thus you can use your preferred text editor or even a dedicated editor
> like Frescobaldi or Lilypondtool...
>
> * Now you can write all notes values, from whole note (1) up to
> * one-hundred-and-twenty-eighth note (128) and even dotted values.
>
> * The manual is updated. (translated in my terrible English)
>
> * Le Puzzle du Batteur/The Drummer's 'G'igsaw is under GPLv3 or +
>
> ******
>
> This new version at:
>
> http://philippe.hezaine.free.fr/spip.php?article46
>
> Have fun.
>
> Phil.

Hi Phil,
I tried it, and I think I know now what it does :)

You write drum patterns using lilypond.
Your script has some way to randomize velocity and volume (with a Tk
GUI).
It produces pdf and midi files of the lilypond input.
It possibly does some other stuff too :)

Well, it's nothing I need, but I guess it's good to know what it roughly
does :)

Regards,

--
Philipp