Re: [LAU] Le Puzzle du Batteur - The Drummer's 'G'igsaw: GNU Bash + GNU sed replace gvim

From: Phil Hézaine <philippe.hezaine@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 16 2010 - 22:04:09 EEST

Le 16/08/2010 18:45, Phil Hézaine a écrit :
> Le 16/08/2010 14:49, Philipp Überbacher a écrit :
>> Excerpts from Dieter Plaetinck's message of 2010-08-16 14:26:51 +0200:

>>> that's what it does? hmm. interesting
>>> is it compatible with odd measures (7/8, 9/8, 15/16 etc), tempo
>>> changes, etc?
>>>
>>> Dieter
>>
>> You can certainly write anything you can imagine with lilypond, so it's
>> 'compatible' at least in that sense.
>
> Hi,
>
> Yes, you can write whatever measures you want and even... you can
> superimpose different time signatures ( it's the meaning of polymetric).
> You can also use irrational tuplets... etc...
> If you know how to paste and delete in a text editor you're done.
> Compile and listen to the Demos 3 and 4, you'd have an idea.
>
> To Philipp: If you have an opinion why such a difficulty to understand
> what's the 'G'igsaw does let me know, i could improve the Tutorials or
> the description of its capabilities? It will be a benefit for all.
> Anyway thanks to your feedback.
>
> Have fun.
> Phil.

I forgot to tell you that your goal is not to output a sheet music for a
drummer, it's a different thing in this case. Consequently you have to
be aware of 5 or 6 problems of syntax, that's all.
In the 'G'igsaw the Lilypond's midi output is extended so you could use
it in a sequencer for midi composition or the last but not the least
with samples in Hydrogen, Linux Sampler, Csound or Pd, ...

Enjoy.
Phil.