Re: [LAU] Silence detection/automation

From: David Santamauro <david.santamauro@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 17 2010 - 17:53:48 EEST

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 15:48:09 +0100
Harry Van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Tim,
>
> VLC's audio connections are pretty easy to "automate".
>
> Open VLC -> Tools -> Preferences.
> Bottom left there should be an option "Show advanced?", click "all".
> Go to Audio (top left), expand it, go to "Output modules", click
> JACK, tick "enable auto connect".
>
> That's from memory, so it might not be 100% correct.. but that's the
> general gist of it. :-)
> Ill leave the rest to other peoples, -Harry

The problem I've always had with VLC is that it disconnects and
reconnects after every track -- and that to system out 1 & 2
respectively. So if you are trying to route VLC somewhere else across
multiple tracks, you need a way to automate a reconnect.

If anyone has a workaround for this behavior, I'm all ears.

David