Re: [LAU] pc-keyboard with midi game port

From: Renato <rennabh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 20 2010 - 23:31:31 EEST

On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 21:27:50 +0200
Renato <rennabh@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> ok, so I won't get note on/off from it... but do I have any chance of
> getting whatever it generates (letters, numbers) from the midi input
> of my soundcard? could I code something or use something like
> puredata or supercollider for achieving this?

uh yeah forgot to mention that I'd be using supercollider anyway, even
if this AT keyboard is not feasible and I end up using a usb keyboard
(got also one of those from the dumpster ;) ), to convert keystrokes in
note on,off etc.
So given that I'd use it for audio I'd use it only when I use the
soundcard and thus it would not be non-sense connecting the keyboard to
the soundcard