Re: [LAU] pc-keyboard with midi game port

From: Harry Van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 21 2010 - 14:56:39 EEST

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 11:15 AM, Renato <rennabh@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> I was using ttymidi which makes the arduino act as a usb-midi device -
> it has an alsa midi interface and I think also a JACK midi one. But
> actually doing the serial->MIDI conversion on the laptop might be
> neater... I'll have to look into that, haven't done any serial
> communication before

I'm not sure if your intrested, but since you want to go the serial route,
if you are using Python, I'll reccommend PySerial (guess what it does?)
as a really good library. IIRC there's another lib or way to do serial too,
wouldnt advise it.

If you want I can dig up some of my Arduino -> Serial -> Python
sketches/scripts
and post them somewhere.

Cheers, -Harry