Re: [LAU] m-audio "new" 1010 question

From: Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 21 2010 - 20:13:51 EEST

On 21 August 2010 at 8:44, David Santamauro <david.santamauro@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> I have a 2008 delta 1010 and as I reported back in January,
> there is a constant background hiss hovering around -30dB --
> extremely annoying and has forced me to use my older 24/96 ...
> so my 8 analog inputs are useless. I'll eventually get back to
> diagnosing.

If you search the web for a long time you'll come across info
indicating that problem is due to failing capacitors in the 1010s.
The era when that happened might have been around the time that a lot
of bad capacitors ended up in computer equipment and forced warranty
repairs. I'm somewhat surprised by a 2008 delta 1010 having this
trouble. But, I'd explore that route. Maybe this link will help?

http://delta.brainiac.com/delta1010capfix.html

G'luck.....

--
Kevin