Re: [LAU] Questions about Cakewalk (Roland) A-500S

From: andy baxter <andy@email-addr-hidden-online.co.uk>
Date: Sat Aug 21 2010 - 22:49:08 EEST

On 20/08/10 19:47, ~redShadow~ [ML] wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am interested in buying a midi keyboard plus some "device to get midi
> signal on my computer".
>
> I was looking on the roland/edirol website, since I heard that hw from
> that brand is usually well supported by Linux, when I found the Cakewalk
> A-500S USB Midi Keyboard, that seems quite interesting to me.

I've had some problems with my roland edirol pcr-500 - the built in usb
midi sort of works but there's a small but noticeable random delay
between pressing a key and hearing the note. I managed to cure this by
using the built in midi port and switching to a separate midi to usb
card, but obviously this isn't ideal.