[LAU] amarok crashes

From: Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 24 2010 - 19:05:56 EEST

Hi there,

I've been having trouble with amarok crashes; every 8-10 songs I
get a segfault. This is primarily on one of my computers, the
one I use most for music. The story about that computer over the
period when I've been getting so many crashes is:

 - The operating system has been Mandriva 2007.0 and 2010.0
 - The motherboard has been swapped
 - The on-board sound card was used on the now dead motherboard
 - A Hoontech card (Ensoniq AudioPCI ENS1371) is now used

Throughout all of those changes, the amarok crashes seem to be at a
higher rate, maybe skewed as it's where I do most of my music work.
That's just odd to me.

One thing that's different about this machine versus any of my
others, it runs an AMD processor, specifically an Athlon 64-X2.
Another difference is that I tend to run RT kernels on this box.

Audacity runs very solidly on this machine, as do Ardour and JACK.

I tried RhythmBox, but it crashes too.

I'd really like to get a music player (one that can work with my
ripped CD collection) running on this system. Amarok would be fine,
as I used it elsewhere.

What can I do folk? How can I troubleshoot this? I've already
changed out nearly all the hardware (for other reasons) and nearly
all the software.

Thanks....

--
Kevin