Re: [LAU] amarok crashes

From: Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 25 2010 - 19:55:56 EEST

On 24 August 2010 at 13:03, Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hmmm, now that I've got the debug libraries install, I can't repeat
> the problem. Amarok has been running over twice what the average
> time to crashing would be for me, including wrapping around at the
> end of a playlist without crashing shortly after that.
>
> Too weird. I'll keep fiddling with it....

It turned out that my running Amarok on a remote display, as I did
yesterday, was enough to keep it from crashing. When I was sitting
at the computer, it would crash fine enough.

Then I installed the Xine/phonon package so that I could use Xine as
the backend in place of GStreamer. Using Xine apparently keeps
Amarok from crashing.

Whew....

--
Kevin