Re: [LAU] Reverb and Samplerate

From: <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 26 2010 - 17:57:33 EEST

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 11:40:09PM -0300, Israel Lopes dos Santos wrote:

> It is possible to work with these files or I have to download impulse files
> that match my bit/samplerate to get a nice convolution effect?
> Can I convert this files to match my bit/samplerate without quality loss??

You can use IRs sampled at 44.1 or 48 kHz with either rate, if it
doesn't match the reverb will just be around 8% longer or shorter.

Resampling can be done using sox, sndfile-resample, or the resample
application that comes with libzita-resampler.

A more important thing with most IRs you'll find on the net is
to remove the direct sound if it is included in the IR. Either
replace it by a 'dirac' pulse (if you use the reverb as an insert
and it should provide both dry sound and reverb), or just remove
it (if you only want the reverb, to be mixed with the dry sound
in your mixer).

You don't have to edit the IR file, just use the 'offset' parameter
in jconvolver's config file to skip the first N samples.

Ciao,

--
FA
There are three of them, and Alleline.