Re: [LAU] non-mixer, LADSPA issues, Fedora 13 64-bit

From: Orcan Ogetbil <oget.fedora@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 28 2010 - 06:25:20 EEST

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 10:50 PM, Jonathan E. Brickman wrote:
>  OK.  I examined every Makefile, found the CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS settings
> for non-debug builds, added -march=native to every one.  It's definitely
> using them, building is visibly slower now.  I ran it, same results:
>
> [jeb@youngdavid daw]$ non-mixer
>
> WARNING: File /usr/lib64/ladspa/ladspa-rubberband.cat could not be examined
>
> dlerror() output:
>
> /usr/lib64/ladspa/ladspa-rubberband.cat: invalid ELF header
>
> 130 plugins found in 103 libraries
>
> [non-mixer] Your fun is over
>

> I then decided to see what is going on with ladspa-rubberband.cat.  I
> found profound weirdness:
>
> [jeb@youngdavid daw]$ file /usr/lib64/ladspa/ladspa-rubberband.cat
>
> /usr/lib64/ladspa/ladspa-rubberband.cat: ASCII text
>
> [jeb@youngdavid daw]$ cat /usr/lib64/ladspa/ladspa-rubberband.cat
>
> ladspa:ladspa-rubberband:rubberband-pitchshifter-mono::Frequency > Pitch shifters
>
> ladspa:ladspa-rubberband:rubberband-pitchshifter-stereo::Frequency > Pitch shifters
>

> It is rather clear that non-mixer is trying to treat
> /usr/lib64/ladspa/ladspa-rubberband.cat as a binary, looking for an ELF
> header.  It is just as clear, above, that the standard Fedora 13 file of
> this name and location is an ASCII text configuration file of some kind,
> not a binary at all.
>
> Anyone know what should be done next?

Hmm. I don't think that /usr/lib64/ladspa/ladspa-rubberband.cat is
causing the error you are experiencing. As far as I understand,
non-mixer is browsing through each file in that directory, and
searching for a ladspa plugin. If it can't find something it spits a
warning. Just put some random file in there you will get another
warning. Or move the .cat file elsewhere, the warning will be gone.

Sorry, this is partly my fault because I read your initial message as
Warning: ... ladspa-rubberband.so rather than ladspa-rubberband.cat

I also get the same warning with the .cat file but after the
286 plugins found in 144 libraries
line, my mixer launches, and when I quit the application deliberately, I get
[non-mixer] Your fun is over

Your system quits the application unexpectedly. This will probably
need some debugging. I may have time to look into it next week, but it
would possibly be better to contact the actual developers.

I had plans to package non* stuff for Fedora, but I never had the time
to sit down and do it. It is, however, in our wishlist:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/AudioCreation

Orcan