Re: [LAU] zynaddsubfx-dssi | yoshimi-dssi

From: Niels Mayer <nielsmayer@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Aug 29 2010 - 21:01:33 EEST

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 7:46 AM, rosea grammostola
<rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> It seems that it is possible to compile zynaddsubfx as a dssi plugin (saw
> something on the Renoise forums)... There is only no gui for editing the
> sound patches afaik.

I'm sure it is possible, since it is available as a standard package in Fedora:

Installed Packages
Name : zynaddsubfx-dssi
Arch : x86_64
Version : 2.4.1
Release : 1.fc12
Size : 523 k
Repo : installed
From repo : updates
License : GPLv2 and GPLv2+
Description : ZynAddSubFX is an open source software synthesizer
capable of making a
            : countless number of instrument sounds. It is microtonal,
and the instruments
            : made by it sounds like those from professional
keyboards. The program has
            : effects like Reverb, Echo, Chorus, Phaser...
            :
            : This package includes the DSSI implementation of the synthesizer.

In qtractor, I noticed there was a ZynAddSubFX instrument definition
that was made available in the track-properties dialog. With this
setup, you can then select from the predefined ZynAddSubFX patches
available on ones system. Therefore the GUI is Qtractor itself, and
the patch selection is no different than any other properly setup
external synth with a cakewalk instrument definition (.ins) setup for
it in qtractor.

Niels
http://nielsmayer.com