Re: [LAU] re Subconscious Affecting Music

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 30 2010 - 08:53:25 EEST

On Sun, August 29, 2010 10:33 pm, Louigi Verona wrote:
> If you are assuming that brainwashing has this big an effect and that
> people
> need "guidance" to get out of it, then in my humble opinion this is an
> error. it is always easy to assume that we are smart and the rest of the
> public is "cattle" that needs to be controlled. i put it harshly for the
> sake of clarity. obviously you did not mean it that way, but in essence
> this
> is what your stance is based on.
>
> I do not see it that way. I see that any brainwashing has very limited
> effects and that in each, even most crestfallen person there is always
> inherently present force to fight back.
>
> I see many-many people around me who were into all that hype to slowly
> turn
> to different, more meaningful from my view things.
>
> Surely, there is nothing bad in trying to bring some good into the world.
> Just keep it in context and do not think that you alone can change the
> world
> to the better. you may try to do your small part and hope that your view
> of
> what "good" is is not too far off from the truth we all search - and it is
> as much as any of us can hope for. It is enough to make you happy, though.

No, I think you misunderstand my intentions. I am not trying to change the
world. I am interested in the possibility of subverting the aims of the
mass media enterprise by upending their methods and rendering them null
and void.

Of course I cannot do this by myself so it would take a concerted effort
by a large number of artists willing to sacrifice their art for the
potential of counteracting the affects of the mass media and in the
process affecting positively the crap we are fed on a daily basis by the
corporations.

Of course, it may not be possible. Crap in a nice package is still crap
but then awesomeness camouflaged in crap is still awesomeness too so it
seems to work both ways in that regard.

Also, maybe because you live in a progressive society like Russia you may
find that you are not under constant attack buy your media like we are in
the "western" countries.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd.