Re: [LAU] re Subconscious Affecting Music

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 30 2010 - 09:15:56 EEST

On Sun, August 29, 2010 11:04 pm, Louigi Verona wrote:
> "Also, maybe because you live in a progressive society like Russia you may
> find that you are not under constant attack buy your media like we are in
> the "western" countries."
>
> Ha! Thanks for "progressive society" ;) I hope we are progressing in the
> right direction ;)
> Mass media is here too, but people in general tend to ignore it or be very
> ironic about it. Maybe
> it is due to Soviet heritage that people despise of brainwashing and
> notice
> it very well.

Yeah, and I am aware of the cost of the lesson which I feel justifies more
aggressive action by artists in "western" societies against the seemingly
inevitable course of events that we are being led now.

Hence I am interested in the likelihood of creating music that subvert the
current formula to counteract the negative influence of mass media on
"western" society.

Of course for those in non western societies this is probably not of any
value as they stand to gain the most if the western world turns into a
completely fascist society.

Although even that is debatable. The collapse of western financial systems
will cause a lot of pain for the poorer nations. Maybe even more than for
the nations that collapse. So, it can be argued it is in everyones
interest to find a way to work against the system in this regard.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd.