Re: [LAU] do qsynth and zynaddsubfx do aftertouch?

From: Leigh Dyer <lsd@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 31 2010 - 05:17:57 EEST

On Mon, 2010-08-30 at 22:11 +0100, andy baxter wrote:
> That's the question really - I am using a midi keyboard with these two
> programs and would like to be able to use the aftertouch on it, but they
> don't seem to work by default. Does anyone know if there is a way to get
> this working?

I'm not 100% sure this will work, but it may be possible to use a tool
like QMidiRoute to map the Channel Pressure messages that your keyboard
aftertouch would be sending in to a CC for controlling ZynAddSubFX. This
page lists the MIDI CCs that it listens for, and which parameter within
the synth each maps to:

http://zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net/doc_3.html

Thanks
Leigh