Re: [LAU] do qsynth and zynaddsubfx do aftertouch?

From: andy baxter <andy@email-addr-hidden-online.co.uk>
Date: Tue Aug 31 2010 - 02:23:59 EEST

On 30/08/10 22:57, Harry Van Haaren wrote:

> Hey Andy,
>
> Aftertouch is not anything special, its sends a MIDI message just like
> turning a MIDI knob does. What you need to do is tell the synth to
> listen to the aftertouch midi message, and use it to control
> <your-parameter-here>.

P.S. Isn't aftertouch slightly different from other midi control signals
in that it contains a reference to the note it's controlling as well as
the channel? I looked up the midi spec once so have a reasonably good
idea what's going on at that level, just don't know specifically how to
set up these two synths to use it.

andy