Re: [LAU] re Subconscious Affecting Music

From: Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 01 2010 - 16:59:02 EEST

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 5:40 PM, Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Louigi Verona wrote:
>
>> ... Bach would write music even if he was starving...
>>

>> Bach was one of those people (I argue) who was not able not to write
>> music. It had nothing to do with impressing in order to secure a position.
>> Real talent leads a person.
>>

> Just out of curiosity: What biographies of Bach have you read ?
>
> Or do you just sort of "feel" like you know the guy ? ;)
>
> Best,
>
> dp

I have read his biographies, but I cannot say which. I don't remember the
author.
I also would say that I also "feel" like I know the guy, yes. This comes out
of the
general knowledge of how composers worked and how the lived in that era. I
did quite
comprehensive reading on great composers in general at one period of my
life.

Also, in Russia about ten, fifteen years ago music scene was many times less
money oriented,
so I know how different it feels from what is going on now. It's simply what
my experience tells me.

--
Louigi Verona
http://www.louigiverona.ru/