Re: [LAU] Audacity compressor in ardour and organising plug ins in audacity

From: Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 03 2010 - 18:32:23 EEST

On 3 September 2010 at 16:48, Thomas Hedegaard <thomas@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> I just found out that I really like the compressor that is
> build into audacity. Is it available as a plugin you can use in
> ardour?

Are you using Audacity on XP or Linux? The set of Windows
plugins isn't the same as the set of Linux plugins. Does that
compressor show up under Audacity's "Effect" pull-down menu?
What's the name of that effect? I see a large overlap in
available plugins between Audacity and Ardour, maybe because I
use LADSPA for both.

> Is there a way to organise plugins in audacity, so I see the
> plugs I use often on top?

Not that I know of. But, Audacity remembers the last effect,
and it's most recent settings. You can reapply the identical
operation to another section of audio.

Cheerio....

--
Kevin