Re: [LAU] OT: external sound for linux card advice

From: Lorenzo <lsutton@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Sep 04 2010 - 13:44:55 EEST

> Hi all,
>
> I'm sure this has been discussed many times, so sorry for
> re-iterating... but I guess new drivers and products come out each
> day, so here you go:
>
> I'm looking at external audio cards (for use with my laptop)
> especially to do multichannel (balanced!) output
>
> - Obviusly they should work with linux-jack (ubuntu if there are any
> issues with this distro)
> - at least 8 balanced outputs

Well,
It seems that this topic is much less interesting than the mysteries of
the subconscious :)

Anyway I may have found a bargain for a Focusrite Saffire PRO 24
http://www.focusrite.com/products/saffire/saffire_pro_24/
Although the ffado site lists support as experimental
(http://www.ffado.org/?q=node/1204) the posts there and other stuff
about the pro 10 which I guess is similar make me optimistic about it
working.

Again it would be nice to hear some current news from someone
successfully using it

Lorenzo