Re: [LAU] New workstation | DAW pc

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 09 2010 - 02:28:32 EEST

On Wed, Sep 08, 2010 at 06:10:32PM +0200, rosea grammostola wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Concerning the i3 processor, I have to found out whether the integrated gpu
> works with RT kernels or not...
> @Kjetil, you don't have experience with it?
> Someone else?
>
> I also hear some rumors about m-audio pci cards, not working very well with
> some new motherboards... Anyone who has heard it to, or has experienced
> trouble here?

This is kind of disturbing. Isn't there a Wiki or database somewhere that one can input a motherboard, cpu, gpu, kernel and rt patch, and check "working", "not working", "has problems", etc? Maybe also a field for "IRQs adjustable in BIOS yes/no"?

I've seen these kinds of community-maintained matrices for many other linux hardware, so why not for motherboard/CPU/GPU combinations?

-ken