Re: [LAU] New workstation | DAW pc

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 09 2010 - 13:37:46 EEST

Kjetil S. Matheussen wrote:

> Kevin Cosgrove:
>>

>> On 7 September 2010 at 19:55, david <gnome@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> Design a case like a chimney and let the hot air rise on it's own. ;-)
>>
>> ... and avoid putting the hottest things at the bottom where they
>> raise the heat of all the rest of the things in the case above them.
>
> I would rephrase that to avoid putting things which are sensitive
> to heat at the top, and avoiding putting things which are hot
> close to things which are sensitive to heat.
>
> Normally you only have to worry about the temperature of the CPU
> the PSU. The other stuff inside an audio-computer
> usually works fine in higher temperature without making
> lots of noise or failing. (at least to a certain degree of corse).

A high-speed hard drive can generate a lot of heat, too, while still
working fine. I have 7200rpm drives in my server boxes, and they get
quite warm. Can't imagine what it would be like with a 10K or 15K drive
in there!

Just curious, but how much heat do SSDs generate?

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden