Re: [LAU] Ardour track question

From: Daniel Worth <pipemanmusic@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 09 2010 - 16:10:33 EEST

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 6:33 AM, Jonathan E. Brickman <jeb@email-addr-hidden>
wrote:

> I think I am missing some essential understanding of Ardour. I have
> Ardour set up in default manner (Fedora 13), one Master bus, and have
> added one track. The input of the one track has been successfully set
> to Linux Sampler; when I get sound out of LS, the meter in the track
> moves nicely. However, when I change the metering point in the track
> from "input" to either "pre" or "post", the meter doesn't move at all.
> (Obviously there are more consequences too, but this is the boil-down.)
> There are no plugins in all. Recording does work, the wave data is
> clearly visible. What am I doing wrong?
>
> J.E.B.

The pre meter show the levels going into the effects in the mixer strip the
post shows the level coming out of it. These would show any signal unless
you are playing back recorded material and should show the same thing if no
effects are in use in the signal chain.

Hope that helps,
Daniel Worth
Host