Re: [LAU] jack1 and jack2 (jackmp)

From: Simon Wise <simonzwise@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Sep 11 2010 - 06:58:31 EEST

On 10/09/10 01:26, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello everyone!
> I was wondering: Since I had some troubles of late with my jack1, I'd
> like to instal jack2. But: Are they API and binary compatible? So would
> I have to rebuild all my JACK apps or will it still work?
> Kindly yours
> Julien

If you use a Debian based system lots of work has been done recently to make it
possible to swap between them, this is only recent and is in Testing and Sid, I
believe it was done just in time for the Squeeze release.

This also means you may (will?) get into difficulties if you try to mix older
and new versions in a system, lots of things changed in the transition.

Simon