Re: [LAU] netjack with jack2

From: David Santamauro <david.santamauro@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 20 2010 - 21:58:28 EEST

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 20:15:08 +0200 (CEST)
Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de> wrote:

> Hello David!
> I think that's where the CELT codec comes in. As to the other
> side: It will be jack1. I didn't read anything saying, that jack2 and
> jack1 netjack aren't compatible. There is the question of the CELT
> version you have, but beyond that, it *SHOULD* work I think. As to
> the multicast adress, this is all very well, but the source will need
> my ip-adress, won't it? And I need a way to specify it. Is this
> really done by the -a option to the jack netmanager? jack_netsource
> at least has an option to specify a slave host (-H host_ip). Kindly
> yours Julien

I think I understand but terminology is confusing, by "source" do you
mean the client or the server? Server/client terminology is also
confusing as "server" is simply the jackd instance that is bound to a
sound card and jackd -dnet on another machine just appears as a jack
client.

From where to where do you want communication or both ways? That
question is actually irrelevant to netjack but it will help me to
understand what you are expecting vs what is happening.

I'm by no means an expert, but I've successfully connected machines to
one another since I first start using jack bzw. netjack.

I'll try a jack2/jack setup specifying a non-default multicast address
and let you know.

David