Re: [LAU] PRESONUS V-FIRE on Linux ?

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 22 2010 - 09:48:41 EEST

On Wednesday 22 September 2010 04:13:47 Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
> On 09/21/2010 07:34 PM, Svend-Erik Kjær Madsen wrote:
> > I just bought a pair of two older Roland VSR-880 to record my band
> > during rehearse , I'm gonna use it with an analog mixer, but I would be
> > pleased to be able to feed Ardour with some of the recordings too, but
> > the only way to do it digital is through the R-bus which is a Roland
> > thing, but i found this device
> > http://www.thomann.de/gb/presonus_vfire.htm and wonder if anyone here
> > succeeded to install the device on Linux ?
> >
> > Maybe I used the wrong keywords but I can't find anything about it on
> > Google.
>
> if you can find out whether it uses a DICE or BEBOP chip, then there's a
> chance it might run with ffado.

As old as that device is I am pretty sure its not DICE based. Might be BEBOP
but there are no guarantees. Could very well be a totally different chip
altogether...

> i didn't say this, but you can always order the thing, fiddle away for a
> week and then return it in "as-new" condition with a full refund.

Thats a nice feature in Germany if you buy it online. For direct selling or
outside of Germany, please make sure that you get your funds returned before
trying this.

Have fun,

Arnold