Re: [LAU] OT: 64 vs 32 bit?

From: Charles Henry <czhenry@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 28 2010 - 00:41:16 EEST

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 4:19 PM, Josh Lawrence <hardbop200@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Is there no flash plugin for mozilla?
>
> No. If you really need to access such webpages, install mozilla and
> flashplugin-nonfree in your 386 chroot and use the 32bit browser to
> access the sites.
>
> I watch a lot of YouTube, and I've been missing Flash on my 64 bit
> machine. Thanks for suggesting the 32 bit chroot.

Hey, there's a new version for 64-bit linux called Adobe Flash square. I
had much celebration myself once I learned about it. Installation is
simple--just put the libflashplayer.so file in your
/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins directory (I think I have that right but you
should check also)

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html

Chuck