[LAU] jamin (was: Albums under a label recorded and/or mixed with Linux)

From: <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 29 2010 - 16:50:43 EEST

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 06:11:36AM -0700, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> Otherwise in the interests of keeping a relatively convivial tone I would
> like to thank you for spotting the flaws that you have found.

Here's one more:

<http://www.kokkinizita.net/linuxaudio/jamin-iir-xover.png>

This the frequency response (no EQ or whatever) using the IIR crossover,
set to 500 Hz and 3 kHz. Those 'qualitatively more experienced DSP
engineers' don't apparently have the experience to perform even the
simplest of tests. Nor do they know that the type of filter used will
produce antiphase signals at the crossover frequency.

(Hint: invert the mid band).

Ciao,

--
FA