Re: [LAU] Demo: Soda P - Pent-Up

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 01 2010 - 12:44:32 EEST

On 09/29/2010 01:12 AM, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Jeremy,
> Sorry for the late reply. I enjoyed this quite a bit and should
> have written back sooner.
>
> For my tastes I thought most everything was quite good in the mix.
> If you wanted to look at anything I'd probably choose to focus on the
> bass but I have no specific idea what to do with it. To me it seemed
> to be a bit the tonality in the mix could be better and_maybe_ the
> playing could be different. I'm not picking on the player or the mix -
> only saying that I think maybe the bass could be played a bit less
> like the other instruments and then stand out a bit more.
>
> Anyway, overall it's quite a good piece of work. I hope you guys
> will post more over time.
>
> Cheers,
> Mark

Hello Mark,

Thanks for the feedback and I agree with the bass line, I hear something
different in my head when I listen to this song. For the final
recordings I hope I can get him to play some parts a bit differently.
And we'll post more, we're recording the next song and that one already
has a way more elaborate bass line ;)

Best,

Jeremy