Re: [LAU] Audiofire8 and how I chose the wrong motherboard.

From: Philipp Überbacher <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 03 2010 - 11:24:04 EEST

Excerpts from Toby's message of 2010-10-02 23:16:06 +0200:
> Short version:
>
> Have an Audiofire8, and it works great through FFADO but only with
> Jack. Jack is cool, but how do I get my normal system
> sounds (like from Firefox, etc...) out of it? Alsa seems
> not to be present at all. Did I choose badly? Can I ever get
> normal ALSA programs to see my Audiofire 8?
>
> Thanks,

Afaik, ffado only works with jack and not at all with alsa.

There's one possible way I'm aware of though:
- Run Pulseaudio on top of jack

  everything alsa or any other soundserver can then run through PA and
  you should get what you're looking for.

I've only tried PA on top of jack briefly, but it seemed to work, YMMV,
good luck.