Re: [LAU] Yoshimi

From: cal <cal@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 06 2010 - 09:13:15 EEST

On 06/10/10 07:44, fons@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 05, 2010 at 09:26:06PM +0100, Folderol wrote:
>
>> Ha, another victim. Soon we will achieve world domination :)
>> Zyn/Yoshimi is definitely female.
>>
>> Steals away all your time and resources,
>> Can have a massive hissy fit,
>> But oh the joy she brings {sigh}
>
> Don't know about Zyn, but Yoshimi is a Japanese female name.
> Japanese girl names apparently tend to end in 'i' or 'o',
> and those ending in 'a' can be male, in contrast to Latin
> custom.
>
> Don't (yet) know of any person called Zynaddsubfx.

... now that one did make me laugh :-). To quote the Flaming Lips lyrics that
led to the choice of name -

Her name is Yoshimi - she's a black belt in karate
Working for the city - she has to discipline her body -
Cause she knows that it's demanding to defeat these
Evil machines - I know she can beat them -

cheers, Cal