Re: [LAU] [LAD] Some new things to play with

From: alex stone <compose59@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 11 2010 - 01:33:31 EEST

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 12:10 AM, <fons@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Two new Jack apps are available at the usual place:
>
> Zita-at1:  Autotuner.
> Zita-rev1: Stereo or Ambisonic reverb.
>
> More info at <http://www.kokkinizita.net/linuxaudio>
>
> Enjoy !
>
> --
> FA
>
> There are three of them, and Alleline.

Fons, the rev1 is terrific, and very clean.

Any plans to provide some sort of saved or cli loaded settings control
for each instance?

Use case:

If i use 8 instances of the verb for different orchestral
instruments/sections, it would be useful to open each instance (ala
bash script)
and have previous settings honoured.

Suggestion:

Each control has a commandline switch, i.e.;

/usr/bin/zita-rev1 -name rev-violins
-D <delay value>
-RT <freq value>
-L <low value>
-HF < freq value>
-M <mid value>
-eq1 <value>
-eq1-gain <value>
-eq2 <value>
-eq2-gain <value>
-O <output value>
-A <ambisonic output value>

Something like this would help for setups where multiple instances can
be started, and values that would remain fairly static across
sessions, can be loaded at the same time. I ask this because it
already takes long enough to load an orchestral based session, and
tweak what would be static multi session values in non save/load apps.

Alex.

--
www.openoctave.org
midi-subscribe@email-addr-hidden