Re: [LAU] [LAD] Some new things to play with

From: torbenh <torbenh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 13 2010 - 14:10:14 EEST

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 08:39:35AM +0200, Arnold Krille wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 October 2010 03:16:08 Robin Gareus wrote:
> > OTOH in Torben's defence: It's kind of tricky to do so: There's no
> > AUTHORS file nor any ChangeLog or README which usually come with FLOSS
> > projects to simplify that process.
>
> I am not a lawyer but as far as I know the only legally binding place to list
> authors of the code is the actual code-file itself. Thats why all files have a
> copyright-header stating the authors and the license...

a git repo is in no way a release.
the copyright entitles someone to copy the file without adhering to the
gpl.
everybody can copy it.
with a 20 lines patch i dont see myself gaining any copyrights on this
code. and if fons wanted to sell stuff containing my patch he might well
do so. i dont care.

i pushed up a git repo.

> Of course it would have been more polite to send the patches to Fons first and
> ask for his input and thereby hope for inclusion in the official releases.

after his statement that there wont be session support i didnt think
this was useful.

anyways. switched git master to fonss original code.
so someone unable to use git wont get my code.

i am assuming that somebody who knows how to use git,
is able to look who did the patches.