Re: [LAU] Some new things to play with

From: Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 14 2010 - 10:40:51 EEST

On Wed, 2010-10-13 at 22:21 +0200, fons@email-addr-hidden wrote:

> I've *never* seen any serious 'pro' audio application conforming
> to whatever desktop usability standards you may suggest. And the
> same goes for applications in the other domains I've worked in:
> space telecom and military (sonar and artillery management).

It's true that desktop environments and widget toolkits tend to be build
without considering the needs in the audio/video/3d realm.

But we have to thank the early standards in this area for menus in the
top left with mnemonics, consustent naming of common actions like
"Open", context menus on right-click, common shortcuts like Ctrl-Z ...

--
Thorsten Wilms
thorwil's design for free software: