Re: [LAU] OT: C or C++?

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 15 2010 - 10:21:34 EEST

Philipp Überbacher wrote:

> About half of my fellow students are total beginners who've never
> written or even read a single line of code. To them everything is new,
> and they need to filter the essentials from the distractions, so less
> distractions is a real help.

Perhaps that's why BASIC stands for "Beginners All-Purpose Symbolic
Instruction Code"?

 From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BASIC:

The eight design principles of BASIC were:
1. Be easy for beginners to use.
2. Be a general-purpose programming language.
3. Allow advanced features to be added for experts (while keeping the
language simple for beginners).
4. Be interactive.
5. Provide clear and friendly error messages.
6. Respond quickly for small programs.
7. Not to require an understanding of computer hardware.
7. Shield the user from the operating system.

--
David
gnome@hawaii.rr.com