Re: [LAU] getting audiofire 2 working

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 15 2010 - 14:08:58 EEST

On 10/15/2010 12:47 PM, rosea grammostola wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 12:31 PM, Jeremy Jongepier
> <jeremy@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>> On 10/15/2010 11:59 AM, rosea grammostola wrote:

>>> I did remove that, right.
>>> I use ffado from svn.
>>>
>>> I could start it once pretty ok, even played a little with yoshimi,
>>> but then jackd died and couldn't get it up again.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> \r
>>
>> What does jackd output if you start it?
>
> Again, I got it runnin for a while, but when it died, I can't get JACK up again:

You get a lot of xruns, then jackd says no and crashes. If it is
possible to power off/on your FireWire card then try that. Another
option might be to unload and reload the FireWire kernel module. But
first of all you need to get rid of those xruns. Try raising jackd's
prio, it's now running with prio 10 while the default is 50. Did you
lower it yourself? And I don't know what other tweaks you did. As the
co-author of the LinuxMusicians System Configuration wiki I assume you
probably tweaked your system to the max already ;)

Best,

Jeremy