Re: [LAU] Linux/Windows dichotomy

From: allcoms <allcoms@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 21 2010 - 17:48:13 EEST

I too recommend VB if it comes to having to virtualise- it seemed a
bit faster than VMW last time I looked at the two and is mostly FOSS
unlike VMW.

There are actually some games and apps that run FASTER under
Linux/Wine than under real Windows, believe it or not, but nothing
compares to 'real' (or virtualised) Windows for compatibility of
course but this fact does bode well for ReactOS. Maybe wine and
reactos will be a better win32 than XP in a decade? Its funny how MS
have done nothing to stop these projects but then again I suppose it
is spreading the MS ways and they'd prob prefer people to tun reactos
over Linux/BSD I'd imagine. Better fake than no MS?

I've been Linux only for many years and as time passes I can happily
recommend more and more people ditch Bills OS, its annoyances, taxes
and their three letter agency buddies. I think I'm safe in saying this
is the general sentiment of this list. Windows is just a legacy OS I'm
paid to support- if Free Software got outlawed I'd run OSX instead if
there was nothing better. I'd say Windows is better than Linux and OSX
for games but if thats what you want get a console and spare yourself
the hassle and cash of Windows gaming.