Re: [LAU] Sonivox

From: Brett McCoy <idragosani@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 26 2010 - 21:43:33 EEST

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 2:25 PM, Darrin Thompson <darrinth@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> I have a project coming up to compose some music for a video game I'm
> making. I want to keep costs low everywhere except for sample libraries.
> Given my past experience I'd like to overspend there a bit. I'm really
> impressed with how Sonivox samples sound and I'd prefer to do my sequencing
> and mixing with open source tools.
> I'm shooting for a tween bubble gum sound hoping to appeal to the "likes
> iCarly" crowd. I'm interested in opinions/pointers to the sequencer, audio
> effects, and any experiences people have had with sample libraries,
> particularly Sonivox. I'm comforable with Ardour although I have doubts
> about my actual mixing skills.

I'm not familiar with Sonivox but I use high-end samples on an almost
daily basis (EWQL, Kontakt, etc). They are all Windows based sample
libraries, however, and I host them using Reaper x64 on a Windows 7
box, and do all of my sequencing and mixing with Rosegarden and Ardour
respectively, on Linux, of course, using QMidiNet/ipMIDI between the
two machines.

What sample engine are you using?

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.electricminstrel.com