Re: [LAU] Sonivox

From: Jostein Chr. Andersen <jostein@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 27 2010 - 08:58:36 EEST

tisdag 26 oktober 2010 22.34.18 skrev Marco Asa:
> I spent a lot of time to convert huge .nks files (kontakt) to gigastudio
> instruments, so that I could use them in LinuxSampler, but now i can
> tweak every single parameter and, more important, on a single linux
> system.

I spent some weeks alone in a cottage in the wood almost two years ago
converting Natural Drum Kit (NDK) to Gigastudio format (an in mono and
recreating the kits) in a less elegant way: I extracted every sample - every
one of them are in stereo and all the kits are pre mixed/panned - and splitted
them to two mono samples and picked up the mono sample I liked best. With a
total of over 20 000 samples, this was a lot of work!

So now, I use the samples as from a real recording: Every drum Item have its
own channel and recorded in mono. A very big job, but it was worth it. To be
honest, I have only recreated two of NDK's kits but are working now with the
rest of them. The system is like this: Hats in one gig file, toms in another
and so on.

Jostein