Re: [LAU] alsa-jack plugin... some patches.

From: Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 29 2010 - 05:47:53 EEST

On 10/29/10 04:21, torbenh wrote:

> hi...
>
> i have looked into the alsa-jack plugin. i think i fixed the main
> problem which made it cause xruns.
>
> git://hochstrom.endofinternet.org/alsa-plugins.git
>
> its working quite reliably here now.
> with the small fix on the xrun front. i looked at the basic usability.
>
> i removed the pid and weird stuff from jack client name. and added an
> option to configure the client name.

> pcm.jack {
> @args [ NAME ]
> @args.NAME {
> type string
> default "alsa-jack"
> }
> type plug
> slave {
> pcm {
> type jack
> client_name $NAME
> playback_ports {
> 0 alsa_pcm:playback_1
> 1 alsa_pcm:playback_2
> }
> capture_ports {
> 0 alsa_pcm:capture_1
> 1 alsa_pcm:capture_2
> }
>
> }
> }
> }
>
> this makes jack:client_name devices available.
>
> the noauto git branch also contains a more flexible not autoconnecting
> version. use with your favourite patchbay.

> pcm.jacknoauto {
> @args [ NAME ]
> @args.NAME {
> type string
> default "alsa-jack"
> }
> type plug
> slave {
> pcm {
> type jack
> client_name $NAME
> }
> }
> }
>
> mplayers alsa backend works fine with this.
> after a bit of mucking around, i built a 32bit version here on my 64bit
> machine and had 32bit skype connected to my 64bit jackd.

very cool!

> would be nice if this could get some testing with jack2 and stuff.

Tested with jackdmp 1.9.6 (32bit) works so far.

..but I could not get your .asoundrc working. It fails with

[AO_ALSA] alsa-lib: pcm_hw.c:1293:(snd_pcm_hw_open) open
'/dev/snd/pcmC0D0p' failed (-16): Device or resource busy

I've only replaced 'libasound_module_pcm_jack.so' and kept all other
/usr/lib/alsa-lib/*.so from default-debian. Could that be an issue?

here's the .asoundrc I'm using:

pcm.!default {
        type plug
        slave { pcm "jack" }