Re: [LAU] SSD for audio

From: Louis Gorenfeld <louis.gorenfeld@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 29 2010 - 18:17:15 EEST

My experience with them has been that they are great for streaming samples
off disk, say for DFD. I did some benchmarks with that, and got better
performance out of a SSD with slower throughput than a much faster hard
drive (with a small buffer size), I suppose because it's not seeking all
over the map. I'm not sure about writing or recording audio streams; the
expensive ones are probably good, but I do know that the less expensive
solid state media are slow to write to.

Cheers,
Louis