Re: [LAU] Fwd: Delay problem real time listening to a live input audio

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 30 2010 - 15:21:15 EEST

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 8:13 AM, Ameur Esseket <esseket.ameur@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
> no chance, I tried many times configurations and nothing. I have always the
> same case, once I can record without hearing the guitar I am playing into
> ardour. I only listen to it after the recording, otherwise I
> with pactl load-module module-loopback, the delay kills..
> Any tuto for installing jack, ardour and recording.

google will find many.

but we've already established that you have a problem with pulse
audio. you should NOT use pulse audio and JACK together unless you
really, really know what you are doing. your problems are because you
are making JACK route audio via PulseAudio. PulseAudio is not a low
latency system, and feels entirely at ease creating seconds' worth of
delay.

many of us either remove pulseaudio, or never install it, or disable
it, or use 2 audio interfaces ("soundcards") and leave to do its thing
wth the el cheapo builtin one.