[LAU] shepard scale generator in supercollider

From: andy baxter <andy@email-addr-hidden-online.co.uk>
Date: Sat Oct 30 2010 - 23:46:33 EEST

hi,

I've just been working on some supercollider code to automatically
generate notes in a shepard scale from any incoming midi events. I
thought I would post the code and a sample of how it sounds in case
anyone else finds it useful.

The way it works is you send supercollider a stream of midi events
through its midi port, and the program converts these into outgoing midi
events which represent notes in a shepard scale. If you play a rising
scale on a keyboard, the notes will come out as rising shepard scale
notes; similarly for a falling scale. It works best if you feed it into
a pure sine wave generator, but you get some interesting effects with
other synths.

The code and the sample mp3 are here:

http://www.ganglion.me/media/

Any comments on the code are welcome. (I'm still fairly new to
supercollider :) ).

hope someone finds this useful,

andy