Re: [LAU] [LAD] Linux Audio Conference - Call for Participation - website

From: Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 02 2010 - 22:21:03 EET

On 11/02/10 20:32, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> On 11/02/2010 06:09 PM, rosea.grammostola wrote:
>> On 11/02/2010 07:02 PM, Robin Gareus wrote:
>>> [Apologies for cross-postings] [Please distribute]
>>>
>>> Paper-submission, call-for-music and registration are now open
>>> for the Linux Audio Conference 2011 - May 6-8 2011, Maynooth, Ireland
>>>
>>> More information: http://lac.linuxaudio.org/2011/
>>>
>>> As in previous years, we will have a full program of talks, workshops
>>> and music.
>>>
>>> The Linux Audio Conference 2011 will include several concerts. We are
>>> looking for music that has been produced or composed entirely or mostly
>>> using GNU/Linux or other Open Source music software for:
>>> * The Electroacoustic Music Concerts
>>> * The Linux Sound Night
>>> * Sound installations
>>
>> Some music suggestions:
>>
>> - Xbloome (just posted a cd recently)
>> - Soda P (autostatic)
>> - Atte Jensen
>> - Holstein (bassplayer @ #opensourcemusicians afaik)
>> - Julien Claassen
>> - ...

good suggestions. However the artists themselves will need to submit
http://lac.linuxaudio.org/2011/download/callformusic-LAC2011.pdf
Since LAC can not take responsibility for copyright/licensing the
artist(s) need to state that their work does not infringe any copyrights.

> I've already registered and I would love to prepare a live show with my
> the Infinite Repeat solo project or a DJ gig. Coming over with the band
> is practically impossible, it is simply too costly.
> And I'd love to combine that with a workshop/presentation of my workflow
> which is a full 100% FLOSS ;)

sounds great.

As recommended on http://lac.linuxaudio.org/2011/?page=participation
I've just added it to http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/lac2011/

IMHO this would be a great workshop to host at LAC.

Cheers!
robin