Re: [LAU] Line 6 POD X3 Pro

From: Gabriel M. Beddingfield <gabrbedd@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 03 2010 - 16:18:47 EET

On Wed, 3 Nov 2010, Goran Mekić wrote:

> I know all that, but X3 PRO never had any support:
> $ grep PODX3
/usr/src/linux/drivers/staging/line6/usbdefs.h
> #define LINE6_DEVID_PODX3 0x414a
> #define LINE6_DEVID_PODX3LIVE 0x414b
> #define LINE6_BIT_PODX3 (1 << 5)
> #define LINE6_BIT_PODX3LIVE (1 << 6)
> LINE6_BIT_PODX3LIVE)
> $
>
> I've wrote to the developer (extracted the mail from debian package, although I'm not debian user) about this and
> offered access to my machine, but no response. What would you guys suggest me to do? Thanx!

Yeah, It's been a while since I've gotten a response from
the original upstream dev. I think he's moved on. :-)

I doubt there's much difference between the standard/live
models and the Pro models. In the past, the Pro model just
gives more I/O options (e.g. XLR in/out). Check the
differences between the XT and XT Pro in the driver.

So, I would grab the device ID and add it to the driver and
see what you get. I'm guessing you'll add

#define LINE6_DEVID_PODX3PRO 0x414c
#define LINE6_BIT_PODX3PRO (1 << 7)

(However, get the device ID from `lsusb -vv` and check to
make sure that the (1 << 7) bit isn't already used.) There's
also some other device definitions that you'll need to set
up... just look at how the X3 Live is set up and copy that.

Then grep through wherever you see LINE6_BIT_PODX3 and see
if you need to add your LINE6_BIT_PODX3PRO bit.

Recompile and see what you get.

-gabriel