Re: [LAU] Ardour not snapping to jackd transport time?

From: Lorenzo Sutton <lsutton@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 03 2010 - 22:37:19 EET

Hi Andrew,

Andrew C wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I've been fiddling around with getting rosegarden/linuxsampler/ardour
> working fairly seamlessly for about an hour or so, pretty happy with
> it so far.
>
> The one problem I'm having with this though is that while I can get
> ardour to play when jack transport starts, if I go to a random point
> in the sequencer, ardour won't follow that change and also play/record
> from the time displayed in by jack transport.
Have you:
- in Ardour selected "JACK" as the time source (just to the right of the
secondary clock.. next to the 4/4)
- in Ardour unselected "Time Master" (just under the time source)
- in Rosegarden enabled "Use JACK transport" from
Edit->Preferences->Behaviour
?

With this setup you get Ardour to "obey" transport changes (play/stop,
positioning) in Rosegarden.

Hope this helps.
Lorenzo