Re: [LAU] The democratization on music might not always be a good thing...

From: drew Roberts <zotz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 04 2010 - 17:33:51 EET

On Thursday 04 November 2010 11:16:26 you wrote:
> What we see today is a lot of people 1) unable to play any instrument
> or sing and 2) unable to create any music except by trial and error
> aided by technology. Yet they'd call themselves a musician. By that
> measure, they could call themselves painters,  sculptors, writers,
> dancers, and whatever they want.

Well, if the music they end up creating this way is beautiful (or otherwise
worthwhile) what should we care if they are musicians or not?

What are the proper words in t his field:

Composer
Arranger
Lyricist
Musician
Instrumentalist

????

Many fields face a similar issue. There are a whole lot of *engineers* running
around that really aren't anything of the kind too.

all the best,

drew