Re: [LAU] SSD for audio

From: rosea.grammostola <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 05 2010 - 09:09:36 EET

Hi,

So if you go for the SSD drives, don't go for a cheap one and backup
properly.

Do you install you Linux basesystem and home partition on a SSD drive?
Or should I only use a SSD for (hot) audio projects?

About the backups. Is a backup via network to a server good enough? It's
nice to have a fast and silent drive, but this effect fades away when
you need a other backup hdd next to it.

I was also thinking to use a SSD in my laptop, which I also use as
soundmodule e.g. playing piano with it for instance, and backup via
network. Good idea?

Best regards,

\r